Most people in the United States would like to lose some weight. It is estimated that the average person who diets, tries at least four times a year to lose weight. More and more people are turning to the coolsculpting procedure to get rid of unwanted fat that they cannot lose via diet or exercise. There are some things you can do to make the most from your coolsculpting procedure.
Consult with a professional at a weight loss clinic to see if you are a good candidate. As effective as coolsculpting procedures are, they are not for everyone. This is a not a way to lose weight, rather it is for the stubborn fat that you cannot get rid of any other way. On the flip side of that, you need to have enough fat in the area so that the equipment fits. If you are not sure, you should consult with a coolscuping provider to see if you are a good candidate for this kind of procedure.
- Determine how many sessions you will need. The number of coolsculpting procedures you will need will be determined by a number of factors. Some people are happy with the results after one session. Other patients need to have three sessions or more in order to get the results that they want. Talk to your coolsculpting procedure provider about the results you want and determine how many sessions it will take to get you where you want to be. You do need to put some time between your sessions. Most people wait two months or more between sessions. The cost of the treatment may be a factor in determining how many sessions you opt for as well.
- Ask who at the clinic will do the actual coolsculpting procedure. This is not always done by a medical doctor. It is a non-invasive procedure so it can be performed by other medical personnel. These are trained professionals and is perfectly safe but you probably want to know who will do it. The people who have been cleared to perform these include physician assistants, nurse practitioners and nurses. These professionals are trained in how to apply the applicator equipment and use the machinery involved in these kinds of procedures. You will be in good hands but you should get to know the people working on your body.
- Keep a record of your experience. You can make the process easier for other people who are looking into getting coolsculpting procedures of their own by letting them in on your experiences. Take before and after photos. No one likes to take the “before” photos but you may be glad you did when you get the results that you want. You can really see that you made the right decision by having this done.
- Expect some pain. While only 10% of coolsculpting patients have some pain after everything is done. Expecting some amount of pain or discomfort going into the process will make dealing with it easier. Most people who have some soreness find that over the counter pain relievers, such as Advil or Aleve, are very helpful and do the trick. If you have pain that is not relieved by these kinds of medications, your provider can give you a prescription for something stronger but that is usually not needed.
- Give yourself a break after the procedure. This is a non-invasive procedure but it is still a procedure. You should give your body a chance to recover afterwards. Go home. Watch some Netflix. If you experience some swelling, soreness or itching, that is normal but will go away. If it really bothers you, you should talk to the clinic and they can advise you or get you some medication to help.
- Give it some time. The coolsculpting procedures are very effective but they are not immediate. It may take between 30 and 120 days to see the results you want. Many people start to see real results after about 21 days but everyone responds in their own way to these procedures. People often find their body getting rid of fat for months after the procedure was done.
Coolscupting is the latest weapon in the arsenal in the fight against unwanted fat.