Prostate cancer. It is a word that strikes fear into the hearts of many men, as they grapple in their old age with issues like sexuality and “keeping it up.” For many men, prostrate cancer starts the fear that they will be unable to have sex and how difficult this will be for them in their life.
Fortunately, no longer is this the case.
A new technology has come about in the past ten years or so that takes radiation therapy and creates a whole new thing out of it. It is called proton therapy and the statistics about it are pretty shocking. They are:
- Proton therapy is a type of radiation that stops at a very specific point in the targeted tissue; conventional radiation continues beyond the tumor. In breast cancer, this means on average no radiation to the heart and on average 50% less radiation to the lung as compared with conventional radiation.
- Researchers report that 99%, 94% and 74% of men treated with proton therapy with low, intermediate, and high-risk prostate cancer have no signs of cancer recurrence after five years of follow-up.
- Due to proton therapy?s targeted approach, studies have found that prostate cancer patients treated using this method have a reduced risk of impotence, with 94% of men reporting that they remain sexually active.
- A treatment session generally takes 15 to 45 minutes, however the actual time spent delivering the protons to the tumor is generally only about a minute or two.
- Approximately 23,800 adults and 4,830 children are diagnosed with cancerous tumors of the brain and spinal cord each year, with brain tumors making up the majority.
- 34.5% of men (20 years and older) are obese and 32.6% have high blood pressure or are taking prescriptions for hypertension.
These statistics comprise some of the issues facing men with prostate cancer and also children and women with other issues as well. There is even a statistic in there about hypertension, which is a major issue for many in America.
There are some signs about prostate cancer. As the examination room photos show, a person (male, generally) should always check their balls for lumps every now and again, because if there is a lump, it could be a sign of prostate cancer. This, as said before, is a very scary issue for many American men.
Of course, men are always concerned about their sexuality. From the beginning of time to the end of time, men are often thinking about having sex with either a woman or someone of the same gender. The libido of men runs high and it is a significant issue. It gets many into the best situations of their lives but also leads to trouble every now and again.
Men have a libido that gets them running many times. It can lead to transgressions, such as sleeping with prostitutes or women that have a bad emotional history. This can lead to entanglements, which are tough to avoid. It can also lead to jail time, in the case of the prostitutes. These are all significant issues.
For many men, they are always looking for the next “lay” as they would call it, always search for the next girl or sexual partner that they are willing to engage with in terms of sex. This is a major issue among men, but a helpful issue for someone. It can inspire someone to do things they wouldn’t ordinarily do in pursuit of sex.
There are some terms worth noting when it comes to prostrate cancer and the ability of proton therapy to stop it. Those terms are proton cancer treatment, proton radiation therapy, proton therapy for brain cancer, proton therapy for prostrate cancer, proton therapy for cancer, proton therapy for head and neck cancer, and more.
Treating prostate cancer is an issue for millions of men in America and their doctors. Treating prostate cancer can often mean a quick surgery, if the tumor is surgical. Treating prostate cancer can lead to proton therapy, which is also a great tool to use. Treating prostate cancer generally involves doctors.
It is a good thing that many men are being treated for prostate cancer. It is an important in thing in life to be healthy and sexually active. For men over a certain age, curing prostate cancer is helpful.