It was not the way you planned to spend your first day home from Christmas vacation, but at least it was convenient.
When you came home from Christmas break your junior year you had a health concern. Fortunately, you found a place to get same day STD testing to put your mind at ease. Getting to start your Christmas break knowing that you did not have a sexually transmitted disease meant that you could breathe a sigh of relief, enjoy the holidays, and rethink the life choices that you will make in the future.
Same day STD testing can help people feel both confident and relieved if the results are negative, and ready to take action if the results are positive. Fortunately, many walk in clinic provide STD testing procedures at any given time. Finding these STD testing clinics can be as simple as a quick Google search and the fact that you are able to walk in without an appointment. And while at home STD testing may be an option for some, the fact these tests are so conveniently scheduled in a clinic is a major advantage.
The Nation Continues to Adapt to Changes Since the Implementation of the Affordable Care Act
As part of the country continues to promote Affordable Care sign up and registration deadlines and another segment wants to see the program fail, Americans are caught in the middle simply hoping that they can get the care they need when they need it. From STD testing to flu shots, low cost health clinics are an increasingly popular option.
Consider some of these statistics about the nation’s health care needs and how the industry meets those needs:
- America needs about 52,000 more primary care physicians by the year 2025 to meet the nation’s healthcare needs, according to current data.
- The mean wait time in emergency rooms across the country went up by 25%, from 46.5 minutes to 58.1 minutes between the years 2003 and 2009.
- The average emergency room visitor pays total costs of $1,318 and a mean cost of $615, according to a Medical Expenditure Panel Survey.
- Among other health care needs, the rates of depression in elderly people can range from 3% to 13.5%.
- Nearly 5% of adults over the age of 65 suffer some form of memory loss, and 30 million people worldwide suffer from dementia, which can include Alzheimer?s disease.
Getting affordable, convenient, and reliable health care needs is important to most Americans. For many, urgent care facilities and other kinds of medical walk in clinics fill these needs for an increasing number of people. From same day STD testing to fracture care and flu shots, where do you go when you need non emergency health care.