Many people don’t realize that limes are a nutricious superfood that have been used for medicinal purposes for centuries and in many cultures. In our highly chemical saturated culture, we’ve found unnatural alternatives to treat all of the ailments that limes are capable of preventing altogether and have overlooked this simple solution.
Extensive scientific diet research has shown that a person who maintains diet practices that are rich in limes lead healthier lifestyles than those who don’t. Here are some of the health benefits that limes naturally have within their tiny peels:
- Squeezing half of a fresh lime into eight ounces of warm water and drinking it when you first wake up has shown to stimulate the liver and prevents bile buildup, which helps you stay healthy.
- Scientific diet research shows that the acid in limes is similar to the acids that breakdown food in your stomach, which aids digestion and improves healthy bowel movements.
- Limes have been shown to effectively replenish potassium deficiencies. Potassium is essential in the transmissions between the nervous system and brain. Low potassium levels are linked to depression, anxiety, and poor cognitive functions. Also, potassium deficiencies can contributes to heart issues.
- Drinking water with lime helps restore and balance your magnesium and calcium ratios in your body. Magnesium and calcium in balance contributes to a healthy heart and bones.
- Another vitamin that limes are rich with is vitamin C. Each glass of water with a lime squeezed into it accounts for 12% of an adult’s vitamin C needs per day. Not to mention adding lime to water is a satisfying to get the 2.7 to 3.7 liters of water that an adult should consume every day.
- People who follow a scientific diet high in lime have lower levels of uric acid. Uric acid is the culprit behind arthritis and gout.
- People with sickle cell anemia find that using lime is an effective way to reduce the painful symptoms of the disease.
- Having a glass of water with lime prior to eating increases the enzymes in the stomach that prevent the absorption of toxins in the food you consume, which contributes to energy and healing.
- Studies show the acidic nature of limes are effective in fighting bacteria in the gut. The Kaffir lime that comes from Southeast Asia has been proven to kill e.Coli, the most common source of food poisoning.
Drinking a glass of distilled water with a lime squeezed in upon waking up and prior to each meal has innumerable health benefits. As the old famous saying (should) go: “When life hands you limes, squeeze them into a glass of water and drink several times a day to stay healthy!”
Do you know of any other health benefits to consuming limes that we didn’t mention? Please contribute your input in the comment section below. For more about this, go here.