A quick stop by the walk in clinic and then you will be on the road.
You, your husband, and your 85 year old father are all heading down south to visit your 20 year old daughter at college this weekend. Before you leave, however, you promised your dad that you wold stop by the walk in clinic to get your flu shots. Fortunately, the clinic that is the closest to your house has one of those fancy digital billboards outside advertising just how long their wait time is. You take notice of that sign every morning to and from dropping the kids of from the school and work, so you know that the mornings are usually pretty open.
Whether you are looking for urgent care locations for a flu vaccine or you are in search of walk in urgent care centers to make sure that you do not have a break in your ankle, the decision to go to an affordable clinic is typically the best decision.
We live in a time when many people are wondering what benefits their insurance will provide in the next 12 months. As the politicians and the insurance companies battle, it is the typical American who may suffer the most. During these months when the coverage of millions of Americans is at risk, it should come as no surprise that many are looking for a way to take care of their current health needs with the coverage that they currently have.
Consider these facts and figures about the current services offered by the urgent care platform in America:
- 3 million patients visit urgent care centers every week, according to the Urgent Care Association of America.
- 20,000 physicians practice Urgent Care Medicine in America today.
- 80% of urgent care centers provide fracture care, which is fortunate because the latest research indicates that 25,000 Americans suffer from an ankle sprain each day.
- 85% of urgent care centers are open seven days a week.
- An upper respiratory condition is the most common diagnosis in an urgent care center in the year 2012.
- Wound repair was the most common procedure administered in an urgent care center in the year 2012.
From flu shots to x-rays, more and more families look to urgent care settings to get the affordable health care that they need.